Mental Health & Addiction Support
HAMILTON OUTREACH PROJECT:
MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS LEGAL SUPPORT
The Hamilton Community Legal Clinic and Legal Aid Ontario have teamed up to bring greater access to justice to individuals living with mental health issues and addiction issues through our new project titled, The Hamilton Outreach Project.
Individuals living with mental health issues and or addictions issues may face barriers in accessing appropriate legal support. The higher aims of this project are to meet individuals where they are in their journey towards recovery by providing flexible and accommodating legal services tailored to each individual’s specific needs.
We have set up free legal clinics in the community where individuals can talk to a lawyer confidentially and for free.
We are providing free, onsite legal services at the following locations in partnership with LAO:
- Notre Dame House: 14 Cannon Street West, Hamilton
- Mission Services: 196 Wentworth Street North, Hamilton
- McMaster Family Practice (for MFP patients only)
- De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre: 678 Main Street East, Hamilton
- Good Shepherd Venture Centre: 155 Cannon Street East, Hamilton
- Barrett Centre: 1-844-777-3571 (Please call for address)
In order to assist clients navigate systems and resources, we also have a social worker/case co-ordinator to support clients seen by our lawyers at the various clinics to provide follow up support!
Click on this calendar to find out where you can get services at a location near you
Click here to find out the area of law we can discuss with you (link to explanation of services pdf)
Click here for a promotional flyer about the Hamilton outreach Project (link to pdf flyer)