Mental Health & Addiction Support
HAMILTON LEGAL OUTREACH:
MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS LEGAL SUPPORT
Hamilton Community Legal Clinic and Legal Aid Ontario have teamed up to bring greater access to justice to individuals living with mental health issues and addiction issues through Hamilton Legal Outreach (HLO).
Individuals living with mental health issues and or addictions issues may face barriers in accessing appropriate legal support. The higher aims HLO are to meet individuals where they are in their journey towards recovery by providing flexible and accommodating legal services tailored to each individual’s specific needs.
We offer free legal clinics in the community where individuals can talk to a lawyer confidentially and in a comfortable space.
We provide free, onsite legal services at the following locations in partnership with LAO:
- Notre Dame House: 14 Cannon Street West, Hamilton
- Mission Services: 196 Wentworth Street North, Hamilton
- McMaster Family Practice (for MFP patients only)
- De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre: 678 Main Street East, Hamilton
- Good Shepherd Venture Centre: 155 Cannon Street East, Hamilton
- Barrett Centre: 1-844-777-3571 (Please call for address) Currently by Appointment Only
- Hamilton Indian Regional Centre: 34 Ottawa St N, Hamilton
**HLO also has a systems navigator to support clients in connecting with follow up supports and navigating the legal system..**
Here is our calendar to find out where you can get services at a location near you